1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Used Quickcam/how To Install

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by nykindagal, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nykindagal

nykindagal Thread Starter

I HAVE A USED QUICKCAM, SO IT HAS NO CD OR ANY INFORMATION WITH IT.
    IT DOESNT EVEN HAVE A MANUFACTURERS NAME ON IT , JUST A SERIAL NUMBER AND SOME OTHER NAME.
    HOW CAN I INSTALL IT?
    HOW CAN I FIND THE RIGHT MAKER OF IT?
    PLEASE ANY INFO WILL HELP ME:confused: THANX

2. RSM123

RSM123

Hi,

Welcome. You say you have no details of the particular model ? I think you're going have to refer to the person you bought it from . I have never used a webcam so I'm not sure if there are generic drivers that will get all of them up and running. Though I doubt it.

If you can come up with some details / model number / manufacturer then someone here may be able to help you obtain the necessary drivers to install this device.

3. Bruce319

Bruce319

Since you mentioned you have a QuickCam, the manufacture is Logitech. Take a look at the link provided and see if you can find your model. If you click on the webcam that's titled "Other". It will take you to more selections.
    If you have WindowsXP however, you don't really need to install any drivers. Just connect your webcam to a USB connector and WindowsXP will install the driver automatically for you.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=downloads/categories&CRID=1794&countryid=19&languageid=1

4. nykindagal

nykindagal Thread Starter

i do have plug n play/win xp however, that doesnt work.
    afetr i plug it in it cant find any source to help.

5. Bruce319

Bruce319

Make sure plug n play is enabled in your Bios. If it is then you should see the folder/icon in Windows Explorer. You can also go to your control panel and double click on Scanners and Camera to see if it's there.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166878

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice