Used Quickcam/how To Install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nykindagal

I HAVE A USED QUICKCAM, SO IT HAS NO CD OR ANY INFORMATION WITH IT.
IT DOESNT EVEN HAVE A MANUFACTURERS NAME ON IT , JUST A SERIAL NUMBER AND SOME OTHER NAME.
HOW CAN I INSTALL IT?
HOW CAN I FIND THE RIGHT MAKER OF IT?
PLEASE ANY INFO WILL HELP ME:confused: THANX

Hi,

Welcome. You say you have no details of the particular model ? I think you're going have to refer to the person you bought it from . I have never used a webcam so I'm not sure if there are generic drivers that will get all of them up and running. Though I doubt it.

If you can come up with some details / model number / manufacturer then someone here may be able to help you obtain the necessary drivers to install this device.

Since you mentioned you have a QuickCam, the manufacture is Logitech. Take a look at the link provided and see if you can find your model. If you click on the webcam that's titled "Other". It will take you to more selections.
If you have WindowsXP however, you don't really need to install any drivers. Just connect your webcam to a USB connector and WindowsXP will install the driver automatically for you.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=downloads/categories&CRID=1794&countryid=19&languageid=1

nykindagal

i do have plug n play/win xp however, that doesnt work.
afetr i plug it in it cant find any source to help.

Make sure plug n play is enabled in your Bios. If it is then you should see the folder/icon in Windows Explorer. You can also go to your control panel and double click on Scanners and Camera to see if it's there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online