Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Used registry Cleaner for years. Have yet to have a problem.

Solved 
458 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Cookiegal 
#1 ·
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20200615014153.000000-240
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100 CPU @ 3.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (752 GB Free);
Motherboard: LENOVO 30C7, ver SDK0J40700 WIN 3258032275213
System: LENOVO, ver LENOVO - 14A0, s/n R301R78L
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled
You great people have always given me the best advice. I am using a claner that finds a lot of registry errors and eliminates them when I restart or start my computer. I know nobody wants to say use a registry cleaner but I just think the less is better. Am I wrong or are cleaners, no matter what the model do help? I am not sure their speed is an increase but after 3 years I have seen nothing wrong with using one. When it gets out fragments of uninstalled soft ware I think it is helpful. I know it's an old argument but I feel what can it hurt? I realize the registry can be as big as it wants to be but see no problem in 3 years that that is a problem when I use software to cut down its' size.

See less See more
#3 ·
I agree with Frank, you've been lucky.

If you intend to keep on using a registry cleaner, it would be a good idea to backup that computer with a drive image of the operating system.

#4 ·
This is a quote from our rules page regarding our policy on registry cleaners when providing assistance in the forums:
Please do not recommend running registry cleaners and/or system optimizers. The staff at Tech Support Guy generally recommend that registry "cleaners" not be used because many of the "errors" shown in scan results are actually incorrect or "false" detections and "fixing" them may cause serious problems. Some resulting issues can appear immediately while others may only become evident months or even years later when you discover that you can't uninstall a program or software you haven't used for a while doesn't work properly. Furthermore, fixing any "real" errors or attempting to optimize the system by tweaking it won't result in any significant gains in space on the hard drive and/or performance so it's best to simply avoid using these types of programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.