Used Router once and screwed up the network

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xforce

Ok here is my story. I made a new computer and i installed a router to the network. I needed to remove it but forgot and when I installed the driver for my Intel Desktop Board D915PBL I had the internet adapter installed. And now I uninstalled all the drivers for the LAN and still cant re-install. Can anyone help me? I dont know how to get rid of the current connection and create the Local Area one. I use Windows Xp Pro SP2

Thanks in advance.

xforce

Get back my internet. I installed the LAN software driver with the router attached. Now I need to delete the network adapter and install localarea

I'm assuming it's high speed. I don't think you have to delete/install anything, you just need to change a couple settings. The network adapter is what it connects through and local area connection is the result. I think you just have a MAC and DNS address problem.

Plug everything in the way they are suposed to be plugged in and then proceed.

Go into control pannel and click on network connections.

If there are no connections then click on the "create a new connection" button to the left. Follow the steps there to create the right type of connection. Reboot and see if it works.

If there are connections there then right click on the right connection and choose properties. Select "Internet Protocol" (don't uncheck, just select) and go to properties. Under the "General" tab set both of those so they do it automatically. Reboot.

If those are already set up so it updates automatically then you need to select the circle that lets you enter the data in yourself, then you need to call up your ISP and ask for the DNS address and ask them for your IP address.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online