1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Usenet

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by delta doc, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. delta doc

delta doc Thread Starter

For about 10 years I've been using Free Agent to browse the alt.binaries.pictures.* newsgroups. Now, I see that virtually every newsgroup that I subscribe to has suddenly stopped any new posts since June 16-17, 2006.

My ISP says that Google Groups has replaced the 'ol Usenet in popularity. However, spending over 2 hours on Google Groups reveals that they do not carry any of the Usenet alt.binaries.* newsgroups.

Does anyone know what's really happening? Does anyone know how to access alt.binaries.pictures.* newsgroups anymore?

I deleted my Free Agent because it seems virtually useless to me now, since none of the groups I used to visit regularly have been updated since the same June 16-17 date.

I tried using Outlook Express for newsgroup access and found the same cutoff date.

My ISP swears that they have nothing to do with it!

tx,
    doc

2. daddyhominum

daddyhominum

I just tried alt.binaries.picture.monsters using FreeAgent and it showed posts right up to Aug4 2006

3. delta doc

delta doc Thread Starter

Please try alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.*

For the "*", plug in stockingsex, or any of the other many alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.* newsgroups. (no, I don't subscribe to all of them!)

Tx,
    doc

4. daddyhominum

daddyhominum

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489419

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice