User Acconts Wont Work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BillSnapWire

I have administrative privelages on my computer and I cannot create an account, well I can, but it wont log in. It says 'User Profile Cannot Be Loaded' on the log in screen.

Would I be able to create a user account via DOS?

P.S. I have Windows SteadyState.

By the way, I mis-spelt the title. It should say 'User Accounts Wont Work'

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Are you logging out of your account first?

Is this a work machine?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What version of Vista, Basic, Home, Home Premium, or Ultimate do you have on this machine?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
With 1 gig of ram it may be Basic, what does it say when you open the system within the Controlpanel?

Right click Computer, click Properties.
Or double click System in the Control Panel

That will tell you the version of Vista you are running.

Have you tried turning off SteadyState?

BillSnapWire

Could it be a registry thing? And the problem is I cannot uninstall SteadyState and that could be contributing toward the issue.

In SteadyState | Set Computer Restrictions | Privacy Settings
If Prevent locked or roaming user profiles that cannot be found on the computer from logging on is checked, you can't log onto any accounts that don't already have a profile folder, such as a New User account.

I have that checked, and it still allows me to create new accounts and log into them, as new accounts are not locked when they are created. There may be a setting the creates all new accounts as locked.

If you create an account, then log into the SteadyState Admin account, check and see if the new account is locked or unlocked.

Haven't found anything that describes where that setting would be though.

BillSnapWire

okay
but i have an admin account, ill try what you suggested about roamiing accounts ect.
cheers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online