1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

User account doesn't have permission to access

Discussion in 'Networking' started by JCWalter, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCWalter

JCWalter Thread Starter

I have three Windows-7 computers networked via cable (cat-5) into a router. Set up as "Work Network."
    Main computer has work files on drive D: Other two computers see D: and folders there. But when I try
    to access folders on Main computer's D: drive, I get "Your user account doesn't have permission to access \\john-pc\d (name of main computer). I have made drive D: sharable in every way I can think of and on
    main computer (john-pc) drive d: shows up as shared. How can I get permissions set on main computer to
    allow other two computers to access drive D?

2. ETech7

ETech7

You'll have to access it with user accounts of john-pc

3. gurutech

gurutech

Set all three computers up in a "Home Group", then add the folders from the main computer's D: drive to the folders you want to share.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1097153

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice