1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

User Account Files Deleted

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by slickick, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slickick

slickick Thread Starter

I accidentally deleted the files along with a user account and now I need to know I good application that I can use to recover the lost data files. This is a life or death issue because it was my wifes account. Please help!!

2. Wanderer2

Wanderer2

shutdown the pc immediately and go to another pc to get/buy software off the internet. Put it on a usb stick and recover your files.

The longer you use and stay on the machine expecially if you download anything greatly reduces what you can recover.

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Don't use the computer because every second you do, you are overwriting deleted files and making them unrecoverable.

Use a bootable recover CD like Bootzilla or UBCD4Win to run recovery apps, or connect the drive to another machine as a secondary drive and run the apps on that machine.

Free recovery applications:

1) Recover Files
    2) Recuva
    3) Restoration
    4) Free Undelete (NTFS only)
    5) Softperfect File Recovery
    6) ADRC Data Recovery Tools
    7) Undelete Plus
    8) Data Recovery
    9) PCI File Recovery
    10) DriveRescue
    11) Ultimate Data Recovery
    12) Disk Investigator

Commercial:

O&O Disk Recovery
    Paragon Mount Everything (Mounts any file system, CD/DVD burning, File Manager, Partitioner)
    GetDataBack (For FAT or NTFS)
    Ontrack EasyRecovery Pro
    File Scavenger
    Recover My Files
    RecoverPlus Pro
    Zero Assumption Recovery
    [email protected] File Recovery
    Final Recovery
    Recover4All Professional
    Easeus Data Recovery Wizard
    NTFS Recovery

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/709100

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice