User Account help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CecenVicki

I have recently just bought a dell computer with windows XP SP2. I want to make a user account for my roomate so that we can both have different backgrounds. My problem is that when i started her new account up she don't have all the same programs like aim, file sharing, and music files i downloaded. I don't understand the point in downloading the software 2 times on my computer and taking up more space on my computer. Is there anyway of having the same files but just having different settings on each account?

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users

You can make changes in there for what icons show up on the desktop for all users as well as share documents.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online