Solved User account not working correctly

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

knj

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8086 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 111 GB (35 GB Free); E: 1862 GB (1712 GB Free);
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., H81M-DS2
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

I am trying to setup my old PC as a spare for backups etc. There as only ever been the one user, but now I cannot open Chrome & other programs without having to right click & run as administrator. How do I get it back to normal.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You may be a member of the Admin group, but I hope you are not logged in as the Administrator.

Check to see to see what type of user your account really is?
Go to Start, Settings, then Accounts, there you can see if you are a member of the Administrator group or not.

Try creating another admin account and see if programs work OK from that account. If it does, then transfer your docs and pics and remove the current account

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online