1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

user account wont let me access anything??

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by teesy, May 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teesy

teesy Thread Starter

Hi all!

I have two user accounts on my pc, both are administrators and both were working fine til last nite. When I go on my account I cant access any progams other than msn messenger and cant get online, yet the other account is fine. I have run spybot and mcafee virus scan and found nothing, havent changed anything so cant understand why its doing this.

All help appreciated for a damsel in distress!!

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Go to Control Panel, User Accounts and see if your account type got changed. If it did, you will need to log in as an Admin to change it back.

You say you can't access programs except MSN (but Spybot and McAfee are programs, too, so you must be able to access some things). What happens when you try to run other programs?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/225515

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice