"User accounts" and "Net users"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wolfgangam

Hello , I recently changed my username in win-7, beside changing it in the "User account" panel, I also changed the user profile folder and registry entry for that, the only thing I could not change is the value in "Net users"...

The problem that I have with that is wen trying to login remotely with RDP I still need to use the old username.
I know I can add a new user but can I change the exiting entry instead? what is it exactly? what's the difference between "Net users" and "User accounts" ?

Thank you.

Hi, when you first install windows it cretes a user who is registered owner , you need to change this to your new registered owner or it will crop up all over the place. Open regedit do the appropriate backup first and navigate to this key:-

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion in the right pane locate the entry for registered owner(may also have registered organisation populated as well) and right click select modify, type your new user name in the value data box.

For net user have a look through this:-
http://www.slashroot.in/command-line-user-administration-tutorial-windows-user

wolfgangam

thanks for your help, I still don't understand how I change the net user, should I delete the existing one and add a new one instead?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online