1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

User Accounts Dissappeared

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by Brvsfn01, Jul 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Brvsfn01

Brvsfn01 Thread Starter

Hi All, I am in an area that I am not familiar with so please be gentle. I am working on an IMac and the owner recently upgraded the OS and prior to the the upgrade had set up four User Accounts. After the OS upgrade three of the User Accounts have dissapeared and only the Guest Account remains which is causing problems because the owner of the computer cannot access files and folders on the computer that are under his User Account.

Any advice or suggestions on how I can get the User Accounts back will be appreciated. Thanks.

2. brooklynboy

brooklynboy

Okay, first question. Did he do a backup before the upgrade?

3. Brvsfn01

Brvsfn01 Thread Starter

My friend said he doesn't think he did a backup before upgrading the OS. Is there a way I can check to see if he did do a backup? He says he got an offer to upgrade the OS and he just started clicking and he wasn't paying close attention to the prompts.

4. brooklynboy

brooklynboy

Check Time Machine to look for the last backup.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!