1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

User accounts log in screen

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by akm0524, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akm0524

akm0524 Thread Starter

We have three users that log into our home machine running windows 7. Last night my son who is a standard user tried to log on. Myself (Administrator) was logged on and my screen saver was running that required log on after resume. So on resume, my some clicked on switch user, and then he was faced with a screen with my user account name as one icon, and another icon that said other users.

Usually when we click on switch user or log off then on again, we have all three user accounts listed on the log in screen. Now it's just the last one to log in (In this case myself administrator) and another icon that says other users. Click on other users, then you need to type in the user account name and password if any.

When I look in my user accounts from the control panel, all users are listed.

How do I get my user accounts to show again on my log in user account screen when windows starts up?

Thank you for any help...I am assuming it's a hide or un hide function, but I don't have a clue how to change it.

Thanks again...
    Alan

2. wicked.ludicrous

wicked.ludicrous

3. akm0524

akm0524 Thread Starter

Yeah, about half way down the page I found this.

I just saw on the following site that people recently updating the FlipShare software for Flip video cameras was recently having this issue. I too just updated that software today and instantly had the issue. Deleting just the .DEFAULT profile solved this issue for me and I didn’t have to make any other changes to the Windows.

I just updated my Flip software...and it is apparently the culprit. Stupid Flip..LOL

Thanks for the link..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973759

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice