1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

user accounts

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by driver_uk2001, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. driver_uk2001

driver_uk2001 Thread Starter

hi there i have 98se installed on my comp and i want to make seperate accounts for each person that uses my computer, what i want is the administrator to have full access and any other user only the access that i want to give them,,,anyone out there able to help with this problem please....thanx

2. HuskerDu?

HuskerDu?

This is impossible in Win98/ME. You can set up multiple users but there is not an admin or root scheme. You should upgrade to XP/2K/NT for that sort of scenario.

3. driver_uk2001

it is possable to be done i just dont know how to do it myself,,thats why i posted on here :)

4. driver_uk2001

does anyone know if there is any programs that will allow me to do this? i was told by a friend that i could use summit called config.pol to be able to make the user accounts but i cant seem to find that anyone on my system or even on the cd,,any one got any ideas?? thanx

5. bassetman

bassetman Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116358

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice