1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

User Accounts

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bigo460, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigo460

bigo460 Thread Starter

I am trying to delete a user account in XP. Everytime I click "Delete user account" windows hangs and becomes "not responding". This happen several times when I tried to do this. Any suggestions. Thank you in advance.

2. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

My 1300 page reference book says: "User Accounts won't let you delete the last local account on the computer, even if you're logged on as Administrator. This limitation helps to enforce the sound practice of using an account other than Administrator for everyday computing."

Perhaps you have run into MS making decisions for us!! It's like their trying to force auto updates down our throat.

{redoak}

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537728

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice