User accounts

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sabaithaime

When I got my new windows 7 laptop I began using the default admin account. I read somewhere that it is not wise to use an admin account for day to day usage. I spend MOST of my time on the internet

My question is: Can I transfer all of my files, folders, programs and setting over to a standard user account?

Is there a better way to achieve the same thing?

Thank you

DoubleHelix

Banned
You would just change your current account type from Administrator to whatever you want it to be. You don't have to create a new account.

FWIW, I wouldn't bother. It's a huge headache to use a non-admin account. Use good security software, and surf smartly.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online