1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

User.exe

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Izzyblueye, Feb 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Izzyblueye

Izzyblueye Thread Starter

Hi Guys and Gales ! I've got a User.EXE problem .I did a system file checker and it says to redo the file from my installation disk but all I have is the restore disk from Packard Bell.It's a boot disk and has the whole windows system on it .Has anyone got any ideas?Please help ! Thank You !...Izzy

2. Wino

Wino

SFC gives a false bad user.exe. If there was a problem with user.exe you wouldn't be here - machine wouldn't work. My user.exe has been corrupt for 5 yrs. and no problems. Just ignore SFC on this one.

3. Jtoast

Jtoast

1) point sfc to c:\windows\options\cabs and see if it finds the file there.

2) borrow a windows cd and point sfc to it

3) point it to the windows directory(if you can find it) on your restore cd and see if it works

4) restore your system.

thats about it. Packard bell tech support gave me the method for manually unzipping software one application/file at a time from their restore cd's a LONG (read at LEAST 3 or 4 years) ago but I have since lost it and was unable to find any references online for you.

4. Izzyblueye

Izzyblueye Thread Starter

Thanks Wino and jtoast ! I appreciate all the good info and will absolutely give the resolutions a try but just wanted to let you know I,m not using the Desktop comp. with the problem I'm using my Thinkpad. the desktop is Win 98 if that helps. When I try to sign on to Aol I get a popup (everytime I try to sign on to the net ) that says Waol has caused an invalid page fault in module W32_32.DLL.This program has caused an illegal operation and will be closed down.If problem persists contact program vendor. When I contacted Aol they told me it is aproblem with my Paint files which is the most important files (The Dll Files ). If I go ahead and try to sign on anyways I can't get any farther than the screen that says requesting network attention. Thank-You so much for your time...Izzy

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116876

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice