1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

user form text inactivation

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jillianbk, Jul 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jillianbk

jillianbk Thread Starter

Does anyone know of a way to "inactivate" text and user inputs using VBA user forms in Excel? I have a user form that I want to hide or change the color of a section of it when the user clicks a check box, much like the save button will be become inactive or active if you click on or off a file to save.

2. SabreWolf3

SabreWolf3

Hi Jillian,

Can you be more specific about your question? What are the names of the controls you want to change? Textbox1, Label3, Checkbox4? And what exactly do you want to happen to them. We on the board will be most happy to help you accomplish what you desire, but we need the correct information first.

Regards,
    Richard

3. jillianbk

jillianbk Thread Starter

The userform is boken up into three frames and a checkbox. Inside two of the frames is a series of labels and text input boxes, a set of option buttons, and some more check boxes to answer yes and no questions. The user has an option of not populating all of those fields if they check a box labeled "Use main building information". It's somewhat similar to the "use shipping address for billing address" box you can check on many websites. Anyway, what I want the userform to do when the "Use main building information" box=True is to automatically populate all of those above mentioned text input boxes, option boxes, and check boxes. The labels will not change. At the same time this is happening I would like to change the text color for the labels to a different color so it looks like those values are inactive. Now to make it even more confusing, if the "Use main inforamtion" box is then unchecked by the user those labels must become active again and change back to their original color.

I hope I haven't confused you too much, and I am very grateful for all of your help. As you probaly can tell, programming is not my strongest ability.

If this is still too confusing, I can take a screen shot of the user form and e-mail it to you for more clarity.

Thanks,
    Jillian

4. SabreWolf3

SabreWolf3

Hi Jillian,

Since you have so many controls on your userform, I think it would be easier if you can post a screenshot of the userform and tell us which controls are which. I have attached a sample screenshot to show you what I am requesting.

Regards,
    Richard

Attached Files:

5. jillianbk

jillianbk Thread Starter

Attached you will find my user form. The yellow boxed area is what I want to program.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/150901

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice