User friendly DNS cache viewer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

simr

Are there any safe tools/apps that display the "ipconfig /displaydns" output in a user friendly and viewable way?

Couriant

James
you can do the command ipconfig /displaydns > displaydns.txt & displaydns.txt to get it in a text file which is searchable. I haven't seen any tools as of yet.

Couriant

James
The first will create the file and the second with the & will open the file.

simr

Would you know why my DNS cache only show around 100 or less results when inputting " ipconfig /displaydns "?

Couriant

James
I don’t think there is a limit so you may not have that many entries, especially if you don’t visit that many sites.

Couriant

James
I did a bit of research (albeit slow due to being on my phone) but it looks like Windows will hold the entries for 1 day once added. There is a registry setting that you can change to keep them for longer but that’s not advisable.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!