1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

user ID box in 98

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by grybeard22, Jan 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. grybeard22

grybeard22 Thread Starter

ok gang give me an Idea here would ya

kids tried to setup user id's on win98 and didnt work out ....now I get this box every time it boots up.....grrrr

so how do you get rid of this thing....deleted all the pwl files and went to the sys.ini and deleted the pwl's in there ...now I know I'm missing something here ........

thanks gang!!

2. airdale

airdale

To disable the Password Dialog box at Windows startup, right-click the Network
    Neighborhood icon and select Properties from the drop down menu. Click on the
    Configuration tab and select Windows Login from the Primary Login menu. Click OK and
    respond NO when prompted to restart your PC. Click Start/Settings/Control Panel and
    double-click the Passwords icon. Click the User Profiles tab and select "All users of this
    computer use the same preferences and desktop settings." Click the Change Password tab,
    then the Change Windows Password button. Do NOT enter a password, then click OK to
    save your settings. The next time you start Windows 98, you shouldn't be prompted for a
    password.

3. grybeard22

grybeard22 Thread Starter

thanks airdale
    that did the trick!:D

I hate when the mind starts to go!...knew the solution was there somewhere just couldnt remember where!..lol ....duh

4. airdale

airdale

Hi grybeard22

Your very welcome.
    Glad it worked.

Airdale

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111632

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice