user ID box in 98

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

grybeard22

ok gang give me an Idea here would ya

kids tried to setup user id's on win98 and didnt work out ....now I get this box every time it boots up.....grrrr

so how do you get rid of this thing....deleted all the pwl files and went to the sys.ini and deleted the pwl's in there ...now I know I'm missing something here ........

thanks gang!!

To disable the Password Dialog box at Windows startup, right-click the Network
Neighborhood icon and select Properties from the drop down menu. Click on the
Configuration tab and select Windows Login from the Primary Login menu. Click OK and
respond NO when prompted to restart your PC. Click Start/Settings/Control Panel and
double-click the Passwords icon. Click the User Profiles tab and select "All users of this
computer use the same preferences and desktop settings." Click the Change Password tab,
then the Change Windows Password button. Do NOT enter a password, then click OK to
save your settings. The next time you start Windows 98, you shouldn't be prompted for a
password.

grybeard22

thanks airdale
that did the trick!:D

I hate when the mind starts to go!...knew the solution was there somewhere just couldnt remember where!..lol ....duh

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online