User name already exists. It does?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

firestormer

Hey guys

Ive just tried to create a new user account on my PC to match the existing user name on my laptop in a hope i can improve conectivity. - dont ask.

Anyway i go into user accounts and tell it to create a user account with the name "staff"
An error comes up and tells me it already exist yet i cant find any trace of it.

A little hlp please.

Thanks

etaf

Wayne
have a look under documents and settings with windows explorer

firestormer

I have already tried that. I have also used tweak ui to look at the accounts and done a reg seach for the word "staff"

If the user with that name hasn't logged in yet, then the directory won't be there.

What operating system do you have?

Can you:

Right click on My Computer
Manager
Local Users and Groups
Users

Only have XP Pro on all my and customers computers so can't be certain this is available with home.

firestormer

nope Local Users and groups isnt there.
Is there some way i can locate it in the reg or somin?

firestormer

no but i doubt that will help. I know that hidden user names show up in safe mode but ive tried using tweakui which show hidden user names anyway. If i cant fail in all other attempts ill try that but im currently downloading a large file which has just past the 50% mark so i dont want to shut down at the mo.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online