User name and password deletion

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

boubou1

Hi!
When i go to certain sites such as http://www.saymail.sympatico.ca I get a popup window with a scrolldown list of previous user names I have typed in. How do I delete this list of user names??
In the windows help it says click on the name of the drop down list and click on delete, but the user names are still there, not deleted, Thanx, Win XP home edition, service pak 2user.jpg
Hum I took a screenshot and uploaded the picture. but it wont show.
Anyways it will be pretty obvious if you go to the site mentionned above, its a legit site. no virus etc. Got it now!
user.jpg

Hey dude,

What browser do you use?

In Firefox, its easier to clear them...
press Ctrl+Shft+Del --> this clears your private data (Cookies, temp.internet files, saved passwords and saved data in the forms)

In IE, go to Internet Options, in Temperary Internet Files section, u'll find delete files and delete temp. files. Just delete them. Then Go to Content tab in the internet options dialog box, u'll find AutoComplete button. Click it. Then clear forms and clear passwords..

In the above given solution, u'll find ways to clear different things..

To clear forms (solution for ur query):
IE ---> Internet Options -> Content -> AutoComplete -> Clear Forms.

Mozilla FireFox --> Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Saved Forms -> Clear

boubou1

Thanx, but been there done that, doesnt work, got History kill on top of that. doesnt work, still there.
I use IE 6
Actually those user names are leftovers from a previous version of MSN messenger, though they do not show in the current newer version. Go figure

You might try searching all files and the registry for one or a few of the entries. Have also seen entries stored in the latter.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online