Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

User problem

574 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Trayon5 
#1 ·
In attempting to install a router I inadvertently setup a confusing array of user/administrator accounts which leaves me unable to log in as administrator. Two things 1) My description of the problem leaves people confused and unable to help. 2) Given that people can't really know what my intent is in trying to log in as admin. there are obvious ethical issues involved. It's understandable. I want all those user accounts wiped out so I can just start up without logging in as I did before. Will re-installing Windows do that?

#2 ·
Will re-installing Windows do that?
NO, but a clean install of the OS will and it will wipe ALL data and programs from the hard drive. SO you will need to BACKUP all of your data.

#6 ·
All I can find is that you need to contact HP and they will help you.
If you do NOT have the System Cd's you should be able to get them at the same time with a call to HP.

#7 ·
This was originally a Linux box and I wiped out that OS and installed XP so I still have the original cd. Still go to HP? I did this once before and it didn't seem as if there were any unusual circumstances surrounding HP specifically. I have since forgotten what site I used for instructions. That's just why I was asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.