1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

user profile - no admin account

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by dagnammitmk, Feb 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dagnammitmk

dagnammitmk Thread Starter

Please help!!!!! I've been getting the "user profile service failed the logon" error message on my account, which was the admin account. All of the solutions posted online require you to be logged in as an administrator in order to execute them.

So far I've tried
    1) fixing user profile, editing system registry etc as per this page: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215/en-US?wa=wsignin1.0 (can't from a standard user account)
    2) creating a new account and transferring data (can't from a standard user account)
    3) restoring system to previous point using command prompts (can't from a standard user account)
    4) enabling the "hidden" admin account (can't as a standard user)
    5) being stressed and grumpy (I can do this fine, but it's not effective at solving the problem)

I don't seem to be able to do anything as a standard user on the only account left and every time it prompts for my admin password, it won't let me go any further. What do I do!? We have loads of photos and documents which haven't been backed up yet (yes, yes, don't even say it) and so I don't want to just reset the whole thing or risk losing anything. Any advice?! Thank you in advance.

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Restart the machine in the "Safe mode"
    Use the "Administrator" account and password if you set one up. If you did NOT set up a password, then just use the "enter" key when in the password box.
    Once up and running in the safe mode, you should be able to make a new account of the admin group.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142637

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice