1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

user profile service failed the login

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by alien8will, Mar 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alien8will

alien8will Thread Starter

When i try to log in to my only account on my window 7 i get the message " the user profile service failed the login. User profile cannot be loaded." When i try to restart and put it into safe mode this happens. I get to the save mode screen all the files load then get the window 7 login screen it starts by saying shutting down...

Please help me my whole families life pictures are on this computer

2. lanhya

lanhya

Check out this article from Microsoft website. In order to make the changes with the registry, you have to boot your computer from a Linux or WinPE boot media.

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    If Safe Mode with Command Prompt works you can type REGEDIT and press Enter to start the Registry Editor and then try Method 1 at lanhya's link.

Using linux won't work unless there is an offline Registry Editor program within it.

4. lanhya

lanhya

Yep. Safe Mode is the best option. Otherwise, you have to use a boot media such as BartPE which includes offline registry editor tool.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1167861

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice