1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

User Profile Service service failed to logon windows 7 Administrator

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ejmedin, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ejmedin

ejmedin Thread Starter

greetings friends

I've had my laptop for around 7 months with scarcely any problems. Yesterday I was on my administrator account as usual and everything was running fine, I did no changes nor any downloads. Today I tried to log onto my User Account, which is the Admin. and I received the user profile service service failed to logon notice, out of nowhere. When I signed on to my fathers account whose is also on my pc, it allowed me to with no problems. When I try to configure the Administrative or Account settings, after typing my password, no action takes place. When I try to download the Fix it program from Windows 7 it doesn't allow me due to the need for the Admin. password, which I type and no action takes place as well. I tried Safe + Command mode and net user administrator/active:no to deactivate my Admin. password. Didn't work. I have several files in my account I need for school, work, etc. I was trying to make the other User Account the Admin thereby freeing my User account of this problem, no luck. When I log on in Safe Mode it allows me to log on to my Admin User. I tried restoring settings to the latest date that appeared, no luck. Someone pleaseee help I have absolutely no idea what to do.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Tap F8 when you turn the PC on or restart; when you get the Windows boot menu there should be some recovery options, I think near the bottom of the page. Try a System Restore to the most recent date prior to this problem.

3. ejmedin

ejmedin Thread Starter

yea I've tried that and nothing

4. Lance1

Lance1

Check this out---> The user profile service failed the logon There are quite a few steps to follow but as per the responses by the folks that tried this fix worked for them. The post is by Roi A Hope it helps you out.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/946195

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice