1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved user profile service_service failed the logon_user profile cannot be loaded

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bellybutton, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bellybutton

bellybutton Thread Starter

when i try to create a new user profile ~ with or without a password, it shows up on the main login page, but when i click on it to open, the message "UserProfileService_service failed the logon_user profile cannot be loaded". i have searched microsoft support with little solutions listed. and the ones that are listed seem too technical for me to be trying on my own. there are many posts there with this problem, but they all seem to be several years old. are there any current fixes to this problem?

i am using windows 7. i have never been able to create any accounts other than my administrator account & the one account i use for all my general computer use. i have been using norton 360 with no problems. i have resorted to just using any "log in/log out' links on all the sites my husband wants to use.

i am really not all that confident doing anything super technical to fix this, since i don't have a real understanding of different extensions or types of files. i am afraid i could really mess everything up really bad. but, it would just be SO MUCH EASIER & FASTER if i had my account & my husband had his own account.

if you can help me out with a fairly easy fix here, i would be so happy. and, if you post an answer to this post, please speak like you would to a 5 year old. i don't know most terms, but if i was helped every step of the way, i'm confident i can do this myself... that is if there really is a solution to this problem...

thank you!
    kelly

2. Wrench97

Wrench97

Run the system file checker.
    Hit Start in the search box type cmd, in the search list above right click on CMD.exe and select run as administrator, at the C:\ prompt type sfc /scannow hit enter.
    When it's finished if not prompted to restart the PC and see if you can set up a new user profile.

3. bellybutton

wrench97~~ I did this. it said there were no problems found. so, i restarted & tried to create another account... still same message comes up... NO CHANGE. i have also tried to create: 1) another administrator account 2) a standard password protected account 3) turning on & trying to access the guest account. ALL of these have failed...

I know it's not a HUGE issue now, but I'm afraid it will be in the future, if my account is no longer accessible to me.

I think I will probably have to contact microsoft directly with this issue. I know it has been a huge problem with windows 7 since the version came out.

thank you for trying, tho!

4. Wrench97

Wrench97

5. bellybutton

wow! this actually DID work to create another account! as you know, it created another administrator account w/o password.

I have one more question for you... it may sound a little stupid, but I want to be sure before I do anything else....

I created an administrator account & a standard account at initial setup of my computer. so, with this new "administrator account", I should go ahead & change the name of it and, without actually checking the option to change type of account, use THAT as my second (or third) user account? and set it up for my husband to use?

Is that account also linked directly to the ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT that I have always been using?? I have always used admin. account to make any changes to my computer that will affect what I do in my standard account. right? like system restore, add/remove/change software, etc...

I want to thank you so much for your help with this! if you can just answer these last few questions, i think we have the problem solved.

6. Wrench97

Wrench97

No make a new admin account, make sure it functions correctly(sets up accounts etc) then rehide the hidden account.
    net user administrator /active:no

It actually has a higher level of permissions then a standard user admin account.

7. bellybutton

Well, I tried again to create any sort of new user account ~ admin, standard, guest ~ using this hidden account. I still have not been able to create one. the same message comes up when I try to log into it. So, I just re-hid the account. Now, I also have 2 more useless account options for logins when I restart my computer...

AGAIN ~ THANKS FOR TRYING! Guess it really is time to contact microsoft for help...

8. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
  9. bellybutton

I did go there.

I first did #1 ~ Fix the profile. There were only 2 SIDs there, with consecutive long numbers & neither of them had .bak after them,

Then I tried #3 ~ Delete the error SID & create new profile. There were 3 user profiles listed. But, there are 4 profiles listed on my login page. So, I deleted the one only error SID listed. At the last step, regedit, there were still only the 2 good profiles listed, so nothing to delete. When I restarted the computer, the deleted profile was gone, but the 3rd one was still listed there. I know it states everywhere NOT to delete profiles in the create user account program, but I think that's the only way to eliminate it now.

The last thing I was going to try is the option #2 ~ Copy your data to the new account. The problem I see with this, tho, is that I really do not have any bad user accounts now. So, if I can do this step & copy another profile to a new one, can I just delete everything from the new one EXCEPT for the programs my husband will use in his profile? (which would be VERY minimal stuff)

I'm ready to give up on this issue. I've had this computer for almost 3 years, so I'm thinking I did something to cause this error a very long time ago... I never had a need to create another profile since no one but me ever used this computer. I wish I knew then what I know now. Which is just enough to be dangerous! LOL

10. Wrench97

Wrench97

Hit start, in the search box type Services.msc hit enter.
    In the services window scroll down to User Profile Services
    Make sure the start up type is automatic, and the status is started.

Has this ever had any virus removal done?
    I ask because I have seen some that left the WMI interfaces in not running state.

11. bellybutton

User Profile Services are automatic and started....

I'm not too sure about the virus removal. I have been running Norton 360 since day one. Since I have had the computer, I've had a few problems with it ~ all which have been resolved using this forum. I don't know how to do any problem solving on my own, so I have relied on the Norton program to take care of any intrusions that may occur. It rarely needs me to address any problems manually. Like I said before, I know just enough to be dangerous. But, with the help that I get here, I can easily follow instructions given to do checks & replies...

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1077117

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice