1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

User Profiles On Website

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by AvantGardeCares, Dec 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AvantGardeCares

AvantGardeCares Thread Starter

Hi, I have posted on here before and found 50% of what I'm looking for. I am creating a website for my clients to be able to log in and update their information so that I can run their payroll.

I found AuthPro which creates a complete register and login system for me that's really customizable for free for so many accounts. That's perfect since I'm still starting out.

What AuthPro does is allow for unlimited fields for me to set for when they register. However, I want a system where they can register with just basic info, then log in and they can add, delete and update other info like their employees information, bank information, etc. AuthPro wants it all upfront and that's extremely tedious for the amount of info I need from my clients and they have to fill in bookoodles of fields for 20 minutes.

This may sound like I'm reaching for straws, but AuthPro allows for each user to be sent to a specific page. Is there another website or open source I can set up on my web server that I can set up with all of these fields and information I need that I can embed or link as that user's individual home page. I need each user's info to be unique so that they can see and edit their information.

I also would like it so that I can export the data from a database or something. I'm actually not familiar with php, mysql, or stuff like that so don't send me to websites that's heavy on it. I know the bare basics from Youtube videos and tutorials so I can get around, just not actually do any coding.

This has been maddening because all I can ever find is places where I have to build from scratch. AuthPro got me 50% of the way there with individual users and whatnot, but I need something like I described or it's no good. I need my clients to be able to signup/login, go to their personal home page where they can add and update information. I'm looking for free or as cheap as we can go. I have a very small budget as, like I said, this is a brand new start up, no real funding. I just need basics.

2. JiminSA

JiminSA

First Name:
    Jim
    Is this a bought payroll system or one that you have made?
    I ask, because if it's bought, then the system designers may have an html/php/sql interface that you could use ...
    Otherwise I think that you will have a hard time finding a ready-made script which matches your requirements and your only resort will be to design your own, which will require coding. If you're not wanting to learn how, then you must find an inexpensive designer.

3. AvantGardeCares

This is a bought payroll system. It doesn't have the interface you're talking about. I know what you're talking about though and that would be awesome. However, it's just up to me to enter and update information regularly. I'm having to find workarounds for almost every step of trying to get this set up because my budget is little to nothing as I'm still a startup.

4. AvantGardeCares

How much do code writers and designers usually run? I really need this to really help my startup so I can kinda offer an online service so if I have to spend a little I guess I have to.

5. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    Personally I think you are potentially in for a lot of hurt here. You are putting sensitive personal information online. When you get hacked make sure you have adequate insurance cover for the lawsuits that will follow. Notice I said when not if you get hacked.

I think you need to reconsider your business model, however it is your call.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1183049

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice