1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

User Service service failed the login

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Jonathan64, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathan64

Jonathan64 Thread Starter

I'm logged out of my other computer. I have ASUS for windows 7 and when I log in I get the following error message

"The User Service service failed the login. User profile cannot be loaded."

F8 key is supposed to allow me into safe mode to repair this issue. None of the F keys want to respond on start up.

I have done much research on line and they all take me back to having to enter F8. Any ideas to help me fix this problem?

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    You gave us no information other than you are running Windows 7 on an ASUS computer.
    What is the exact model? We don't know if you have a laptop or desktop so we can begin to troubleshoot until you tell us your hardware.

3. Jonathan64

Jonathan64 Thread Starter

I apologize, I didn't know I needed any other information. I'm brand new to this website. However I have gotten a friend to refer help to me. If in the future anyone else has this issue as I have, Try what my friend had me do. This is how to get into safe mode without F8 key. Manually power down the computer by holding down the power button when the login screen is on. Do not shut down normally. After a full shut down. Turn it back on. Boot option will come up and say 'Windows did not shut down correctly, Would you like to start in safe mode?" (Do not select start windows normally) Select safe mode and follow the instructions my friend gave me in this video. Under safe mode you will be able to login successfully but the problem isn't fixed yet. Once logged in under safe mode you may then begin following the video's instructions.

After all the steps in this video are complete, Shut down your computer the way you normally do. After 5 minutes if it doesn't shut down, manually hold the power button again until it shuts down but do not do this unless it still shows "shutting down" after 5 minutes. Then when its fully shut down, restart it normally. Everything should be fixed if steps in the video are completed successfully.

Good luck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211959

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice