User unable to read emails on Hotmail

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

041281MS

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me? A colleague of mine is trying to read emails from Hotmail. When the email appears, after the user clicks on the email from the inbox, an error message appears saying 'Microsoft has encountered a problem and needs to close'. This closes Internet Explorer. I then log onto Hotmail as myself and am able to view emails without any problems whilst logged on as the user's Windows XP login.

The user in question uses I.E. Version 6. I have tried deleting temporary Internet files and also cookies. I have also tried restarting the PC and also restarting the default settings on Internet Explorer which hasn't fixed the problem. Do you think upgrading the browser to version 7 would be the best way to fix this issue as the user has said he can access his Hotmail emails from home without any problems?

I would be grateful for any help.
Thanks.
Mark.

TerryNet

First Name
Terry
Dumping IE6 is highly advisable whether that action fixes any specific current problem or not.

041281MS

I solved this issue by doing a Windows update and installing I.E. V8. Logged onto Hotmail as user which fixed the problem.

TerryNet

First Name
Terry
Good! :) You can mark this Solved using the Button at the upper left of the page.

Posters,
I was having trouble reading my email (hotmail) and then
I clicked on the MSN homepage link and Hotmail was
fully automated. Before that it was haywire and would
come up, open but, I could not get any emails uploaded.
Have a nice day.

I would open the MNS home page link and click on hotmail.
Sign in and your email will work. Without using the MSN
link homepage to start my hotmail it will open and not
let me read my emails. Is this what you wanted?
If I start my email in say Google page it will come
up, open, but I am not able to open individual emails.
So again I open hotmail from MSN homepage and then
I am using it with no problem.

Dear Patticake...I found out that they were upgrading hotmail and all is well now. I thought I closed the thread but maybe I got that wrong too.

richt,
Thank you. I did see that also but, I thought that I would add this
because, at one time many hotmailers were having the same problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online