1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

user with only basic knowledge needs help

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by grannyhiho, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grannyhiho

grannyhiho Thread Starter

ok I gave my hubby my old laptop, had full system reformated and as he had never used a laptop before hopped he might learn how to search amazon and argos instead of him asking me to do this for him, well just before christmas he mentioned his laptop said he has a virus as i was to busy its taken to now for me to look, well it looks like a vista defender virus , warning pop ups every where, i'm unable to open any page at all,on checking out your page i downloaded rkill on my laptop transfered it over to a flash drive then started up his laptop in safemode/networking with flashdrive in place clicked to run but never made any difference, i know you request a pc log but i am unable to do this either, hubby has no pc knowledge i have a little, laptop is an acer aspire when i purchase it i made 2 back up discs as requested and my sister used them to reformate hubbys laptop back to factory settings, i could ask her to do this again but was worried virus would still be there hope you can help

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!