1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Userenv.dll Missing File Question

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by doogdoog, Feb 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. doogdoog

doogdoog Thread Starter

Aloha,
    I had a program called Gurunet (Like a dictionary) and uninstalled it because it was unsupported by Atomica and it didn't work anymore. Now when I boot up my computer, there is an error message saying "A required DLL file Userenv.dll was not found" and I just click ok to close the error message. Computer works ok but I hate to see that error message everytime I boot up. Any fix to this?? TIA

Mahalo,
    doogdoog

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The file is part of Windows, the software uninstalled must have been poorly written to uninstall the file.

You should try System File Check - Start - Run - SFC /scannow

But that depends on the WIndows version, one thing we do not know from your post.

3. doogdoog

doogdoog Thread Starter

Aloha kiwiguy,
    Thanks for the reply and yes, I forgot to give windows version. I am using Win98SE as my OS. TIA

Mahalo,
    doogdoog

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

5. doogdoog

doogdoog Thread Starter

Aloha kiwiguy,
    Thanks for the link and I tried it but I couldn't get it to find the missing dll. I have the original Win98SE cd but it couldn't find the userenv.dll file. It didn't check the cd automatically so I had to go to every folder in the cd. Any other idea's?? TIA

Mahalo,
    doogdoog

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/545887

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice