1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Userenv Event error ID: 1085

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by morog, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. morog

morog Thread Starter

Hello,
    In my Event Viewer - Source: Userenv
    - User: NT Authrity\System
    - Event ID: 1085
    Description:
    "The Group Policy client-side extension Internet Explorer Zonemapping failed to execute. Please look for any errors reported earlier by that extension"
    Please advice how to fix this error.
    Tryied with "gpupdate" -same error appear again..
    Following MS tutorials try to re-register listed dll. files- by regsvr 32- all dll files re-registered successfully ,except one "Appmgmts.dll"
    When try to re-register received this message:
    "Appmgmts.dll was loaded but the DllRegister Server antry point was not found.
    This file can not be registered"
    My PC is Workgroup , stand alone machine. Win XP SP2 with IE7, FAT 32, x86A/m error appears after each reboot , and and sometime is repeated in Event Viewer without reboot (in same session )
    This error apears in Applications.
    I have all Windows Updates installed.
    Please help me to fix this inconvinient

2. unbidden

unbidden

3. morog

morog Thread Starter

Is logged there.
    Yes, tried System Restore, but probably flashed point without this error before.
    Not sure when it appear- after some Windows Update instalation , installation of IE 7 or who knows what.
    If you need any additional information I am at your disposal.
    Thanks,

4. unbidden

unbidden

morog, did you review the knowledge base article I posted the link to in my previous post?

Concerning ie7, many have had issues with 7. Can't hurt to uninstall and see how things go.

5. morog

morog Thread Starter

Hi unbidden,
    I reveal this. Description is different then one in my case.
    Besides ID: 1085 is equal in my case I have:
    "The Group Policy client-side extension Internet Explorer Zonemapping failed to execute. Please look for any errors reported earlier by that extension"
    but in MS Help and Support is written:

"The Group Policy client-side extension failed to execute”
    They mention there is a Hotfix for this error ( without KB no ) but I am not sure whether can be used in my case.

6. morog

morog Thread Starter

In order to decrease number of possible causes that are involved in creation of Applications Userenv 1085 Error, ask you for a favor to try re-register Appmgmts.dll file through Start>Run>regswr 32 Appmgmts.dll> Enter.
    This operation is completely harmless for your machine.
    My basic PC configuration is XP Pro SP2, FAT 32 , x86, Workgroup stand-alone PC.
    After that, please report result.
    Thanks,

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!