Users directory permissions / Can't create new profile

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DSSRobert

I work in a large company with hundreds of computers. Recently (since July) we've been finding that new users can't log onto some of our 64-bit Windows 7 Enterprise computer for the first time. The security permissions on C:\Users have been changed, removing the usual groups:

Authenticated Users
SYSTEM
Administrators
users

With new groups:

ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES
CREATOR OWNER
SYSTEM

I can add the local Administrators group to the Users folder, but there are many files/folders within C:\Users\Default where I can't change the permissions. Existing User directories don't seem to be affected.

All of the computers have the same image loaded. Those in the same AD groups may or may not be affected. They are all at the same patch level.

Does anyone have ideas about what may have happened to change those permissions?

Thanks,

Robert

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online