1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

users on windows 8 under my pc : local disk c

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by lil-fry, Mar 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lil-fry

lil-fry Thread Starter

I have a list of 5 users but no one created them they all have files one is the owner which has her name then there is one that says public and one that says default and then all. I need to organize all files with the workers that are here what can I do?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What exactly are all five called? Most of them are folders created and required by Windows and you need to leave them. The only files in those users(profiles) are those required by Windows to create new profiles or by files that are used across all profiles. All Users, Default, Default User, Public are always there, although most are hidden by default. You'll also have at least one other account for the actual user. The username.Migrated folder gets created when you switch account types from local to Microsoft Account or vice versa, that you can cleanup if you want. You may also have an Administrator account if it was enabled and used.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145393

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice