- Feb 6, 2021
Objective: Improve privacy, security, and user functionality of laptop PC
- backup current windows 10 on usb, move apps and files to usb
- Switch primary OS from windows 10 to linux distro such as linux mint or zorin, tor browser, thoughtful selection of apps meeting the objective, keepass password storage, bookmarks on file
- download hypervisor and run windows 10 to support the windows exclusive apps on usb
- is this possible, is it worthwhile? (subjective certainly but I'd like to know yall's thoughts)
- will the usb need to be configured to hold apps or to be bootable, perhaps a usb for the backup that's bootable and a usb for the files and apps that will be configured like system storage?
- will I need a program to move apps over to a usb properly?
- will I need to purchase windows 10 again to run in the VM, or can I use my current subscription somehow?
- how can I improve this plan?