1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

using 2 or more printers at the same time?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Leinan, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Leinan

Leinan Thread Starter

Hi, just want to know if it is possible if I have only one pc and 2 or 3 printers attached to a usb ports or 1 parallel port that I can use to print 2 or 3 documents at the same time? What I mean is if I have 3 documents open on MSWord and try to print the 1 doc to 1 printer and the other doc to another printer at the same time. Is this possible? I just want to know first before trying to buy another printer if it is possible to do it. Thanks.

My OS is WinXp Pro SP2

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Sure, you can use multiple printers on the same machine, and they can print at the same time. Now, I can't say for 100% sure that Word will print multiple documents simultaneously, never tried it. I have had a large document printing on one printer, and fired off another print to another printer with no issues, but it was with a different application.

3. Leinan

Leinan Thread Starter

thanks for your reply JohnWill what exactly you do when printing to more than 1 printer? Is it ok if I use Pagemaker 7 or InDesign CS2? Do I have to change something in printer's settings? What about the default printer issue? I'm trying to print 2 or 3 documents in Pagemaker 7 but in different printers at the same time. Can you guide me please.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, for most applications, you can select File, Print, and then specify which printer you want the output to be directed to. It's really as simple as that. If you don't select a printer, or print from the frequently available toolbar print icon, it selects the default printer. It's a lot easier for you to try it than for me to attempt to figure out the differences in applications I don't use. It's very simple, really. :)

5. Leinan

Leinan Thread Starter

Thanks JohnWill :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/483416

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice