1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Using 3g Sprint connection for multiple pc's

Discussion in 'Networking' started by rtzip, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rtzip

rtzip Thread Starter

Does anyone know of the hardware needed to use a Sprint wireless cell phone modem for multiple pc's then connects to your router? I heard it advertised but did not remember. Thanks

2. avisitor

avisitor

Sure, the Kyocera KR2 router is probably the best out there.

3. rtzip

rtzip Thread Starter

I have a mac. My company supplies me with a usb 3g wireless modem for across the country. I would like to use it at home with multiple computers instead of my cable modem. will it connect to my airport extreme and can be used for multiple wireless connects when my kids bring their wireless computers over or do I have to have a stand alone computer as the access.

4. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

As far as I know, the Airport does not support USB connection cards. You'll have to buy a router like the Kyocera mentioned by avisitor or something like a Cradlepoint.

Also, I think it's a really bad idea to use company provided assets for personal use. Especially if you start hitting the 5 GB bandwidth limit spelled out in the Sprint TOS. I don't think your company is going to like a letter warning them you are in violation of the TOS if you are heavily using it.

5. rtzip

rtzip Thread Starter

I have their permission. I do not think my kids will be on much and they only have one laptop. But thanks for the advice.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754634

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice