Using 3g Sprint connection for multiple pc's

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rtzip

Does anyone know of the hardware needed to use a Sprint wireless cell phone modem for multiple pc's then connects to your router? I heard it advertised but did not remember. Thanks

rtzip

I have a mac. My company supplies me with a usb 3g wireless modem for across the country. I would like to use it at home with multiple computers instead of my cable modem. will it connect to my airport extreme and can be used for multiple wireless connects when my kids bring their wireless computers over or do I have to have a stand alone computer as the access.

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
As far as I know, the Airport does not support USB connection cards. You'll have to buy a router like the Kyocera mentioned by avisitor or something like a Cradlepoint.

Also, I think it's a really bad idea to use company provided assets for personal use. Especially if you start hitting the 5 GB bandwidth limit spelled out in the Sprint TOS. I don't think your company is going to like a letter warning them you are in violation of the TOS if you are heavily using it.

rtzip

I have their permission. I do not think my kids will be on much and they only have one laptop. But thanks for the advice.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online