1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Using a cd-rw

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jim Wulf, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Wulf

Jim Wulf Thread Starter

I got a new pc with XP Home Edition and a cd-rw. I've tried burning a few cd's that a friend has onto cd-r's and then install them onto an older pc's hard drive that also has XP home edition on it.
    going thru the burning time everything looks like it works fine. I put the cd-r into my old cdrom drive in my old pc and everything looks lile it installs with no problem. I open the program on my old pc and all of the programs icons and program folder and files open up when I click on them but all that opens is more files and so on. None of them open up in a usable status. All it shows is folder after folder opening up and showing whats in them. I want to be able to just click on an icon so the program will open up and can be used like when when u click on it and u can go in and do whatever u want in it, play games, create documents, whatever.
    How can I burn cd's on to cd-r's and install the files from the cd-r's to other hard drives and everything will work and can be used like it's supposed to?
    thanx,jim

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

What program are you using to make the cd's?

Most programs such as Nero have wizards to step-by-step you through it. You might try those.

If you are trying to burn a bootable cd(such as a linux install cd for example) make sure that you are burning the actual disk image not just dragging and dropping the files or the bootable track doesn't get written.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111807

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice