Using a dvd-r to put my e-mails on

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

marilynk

what has to be done in order to put your e-mails on a dvd-r on windows 10 system? with a Microsoft edge browser?

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hi marilynk, and welcome to TSG.

Microsoft Edge is a web browser and does not have any email handling capabilities. You can open email websites, such as Gmail, on the Edge browser. You would then need to check with whatever email website you are using for what options are available for saving emails.

Are you looking to save individual emails as readable standalone documents or download all of your emails as a single file that can then be opened with suitable software on a computer?

Do you plan to incrementally burn emails to the DVD-R on a regular basis or burn them all to the disc in one session? The first method may have issues with a burning failure that could lose all of the previously burned data.

marilynk

Would it be better to just save all my e-mails to a file folder then? because it says I'm close to running out of space for e-mails, so I want to put them somewhere so I can go back to them...

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
because it says I'm close to running out of space for e-mails.
What is telling you that you are out of space? Is it your email service? If so, who are you using? How much storage space do they allow you?

If it is your email service provider? If so, do they support POP3 access with email client software? If so, you could use an email program running on your computer to download and save them on your computer's hard drive.

marilynk

It's gmail, so I suppose it's google chrome.... I know when I go to my spam folder, the junk I delete and the other stuff I save to inbox, which is not my e-mail, I think it just keeps adding more to inbox, but don't know how much I can put in that

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Google gives free accounts 15 GB of storage which a user shares between Gmail and Google Drive file storage. I don't use Google Drive and I have close to 12,000 sent and received emails and I am showing close to only 3.23 GB of storage being used. Unless you send and receive emails with large attached files, I would think you can save about 50,000 emails before you run out of storage. If you really have that many messages saved, do you need to keep every single on of them for future reading?

I don't know what you mean by " It's gmail, so I suppose it's google chrome.... ". Google Chrome is another web browser.

I also don't know what you mean by, "other stuff I save to inbox, which is not my e-mail,". The inbox is where Gmail puts your incoming e-mail messages. What else are you putting in the inbox?

An email app like Microsoft Mail for Windows 10 or Thunderbird from Mozilla can be used to access your Gmail account and use the POP3 protocol to download all of your emails from the Gmail server and save them on your computer's hard drive. The apps will let you access each message as you wish. You can set the app to automatically delete received emails on the server that are older than a given number of days after they are saved on the computer's hard drive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online