1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

using a linksys psus4 printserver with windows 7

Discussion in 'Networking' started by rbraniger, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rbraniger

rbraniger Thread Starter

please, some help, are there any secret hints to using a linksys psus4 printserver with windows 7

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. rbraniger

rbraniger Thread Starter

1/9/11
    I am using a new hp g62 laptop running windows 7. It is connected wirelessly to an AT&T router and to the psus4 print server. I have upgraded the firmware of the psus4 to 7034 and configured it to print to a tcp/ip port. This is because i was informed that windows 7 will not work with the setup software that comes with the psus4.
    When first starting out, I tried to print a windows test page but was only able to get 3/4 of the page. I was then advised to change the advanced settings to "print directly to the printe". Now the entire windows test page will print but nothing else will. I was asked to type up a fairly full notepad page and try to print that. I was able to print that ok but nothing from either emails or from a website.
    As a last resort, I shared the printer and then was able to print ok going through the xp desktop that is also connected to the psus4. There is a second laptop running xp that prints normally also.

Thanks,
    Rob Braniger
    [email protected]

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Does the printer work OK when connected directly to the Windows 7 machine?

5. rbraniger

rbraniger Thread Starter

if I connect the printer directly to the windows 7 laptop, it does print OK.

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973646

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice