using a wireless router with a WIFI internet connection.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cactech

I was wondering if / how to set up a wireless router to work with a WIFI network. My parents live in a park that has just added WIFI for Internet. What settings have to be set in a wireless router to have it connect to the WIFI system?

Thanks

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
We need to know more about the WiFi Internet connection. Is it 802.11g, or do you have some sort of receiver?

Set the router to "client" mode. If the park is using nocat, you should get a splash page. :eek:

cactech

Hi guys.

Thanks for the help. Here is some more information on what I am trying to do.

My parents are connected to RVWIFI.COM.
My wireless router is an AIRLINK 802.11g and I think the WIFI is 802.11b. Manual link is http://www.airlink101.com/downloads/ar315w.html

I connect just fine with the laptop and a cheap-o USB Adapter. Their page comes right up for login etc. I would just like to hook a router w/firewall in between if possible.

My parents computer is a Dell and they are using the USB Adapter I used with my laptop. They are using Norton Virus Protection.

Not sure how to put the router in CLIENT mode. Wireless is totally new to me so excuse the stupid questions.

Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts