1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

using an existing PST file in a new Outlook 2003 profile

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Bob Parks, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bob Parks

Bob Parks Thread Starter

Hello,

I create a new Outlook 2003 profile, complete the data for the ISP e-mail and then start Outlook using the new profile. The 10 days of saved e-mails at the ISP download. These are duplicates and not a problem.

My old PST was named Outlook1. I also have a new PST named Outlook which I guess was created with the new profile.

I want to use Outlook1 as my only PST or I want to move all of the data from Outlook1 into the new PST named Outlook. What is the best procedure to accomplish this?

I'll save your answer so I don't have to ask again.

Thank you

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    two choices
    you can set outlook1 as a data file and read it from there or

I would copy both the outlook .pst files somewhere as a backup
    on the exchange directory I would delete outlook.pst and replace it with outlook1.pst and rename outlook1.pst to outlook.pst

now open outlook and it should see your old outlook1.pst as the main service
    at whatever state it was last in when you copied it

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/876188

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice