1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Using Bluetooth Headset with XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Omega_Shadow, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omega_Shadow

Omega_Shadow Thread Starter

Think this might be the best place for this.

A little annoyance here. I got a Moto H800 bluetooth headset I would like to use on Ventrilo while gaming and it just is not connecting. To many variables? Lets narrow it down

First, the basics:
    System: WinXP-Pro SP3 All Updates
    Bluetooth: USB ISSC Bluetooth EDR Adapter [ISSCEDRBTA]
    Using XP Bluetooth Stack

Using the bluetooth devices dialog found in Control Panel I add the H800 by pressing "ADD", checking "my device is ready to be found", pressing "NEXT", waiting for windows to find the h800, clicking on it then pressing "NEXT" again, select "use passkey from my documentation" which of course is 0000, then press "NEXT" one last time.

At this point the h800 flashes violet and blue, usually indicating a connection. However it quickly turns to a flashing red. even though it is paired, it will not connect to the pc.

Wondering if I did something wrong?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!