1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Using computer with no case fans....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xyoursweet666x, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xyoursweet666x

xyoursweet666x Thread Starter

i just built my own computer, but when i ordered it i ordered the wrong size case fans, would it be alright if i took off the sides of my computer and just used it with no case fans until i got some?

specs:
    Intel C2Q
    EVGA 9800 GTX SuperClocked
    2GB ram
    Sigma Shark PSU

2. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

I would take it a step further. Place the tower on top of your desk/workstation and leave off the sides.. if you have a small fan place it where it can blow on the unit. This should get you by until you get the correct fans installed. But remember, SAFETY FIRST! If there is a chance a child or pet or anyone might accidently reach inside while it's running then don't do it. And unplug the the tower when you are not around.

3. xyoursweet666x

would one fan be enough to cool my rig?

4. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Depends on the rig, and the fan.

My main PC has the HSF, the PSU fan, and only one 120mm case fan. Keeps it plenty cool.

5. xyoursweet666x

my rig has 2 80MM fan spots in the back, but i ordered 2 120MM fans, one of the 120 fans covers one spot and like 30-40% of the other spot, would this be fine?

6. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Most likely, but I can only guess, try it out, check temps and decide.

I could give you an answer from here, but it would be no more accurate than you flipping a coin there.

However, assuming you have a basic system, not overclocked, not too many wires, and a good low ambient temp, 1 120mm should be enough.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/803387

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice