Using Desktop Microphone for Online & offline classes

amritaputran

Dear,

I am running a tuition center through which I teach Mathematics. Students have the option of attending the same class online or offline at the same time. I am conducting online classes using Microsoft teams and share the content to students who are online, The same class is displayed using a projector for the offline students. I have recorded videos which when shared in the MS team. Online students are able to see and hear it while offline students are able to see and hear it using the projector and speaker installed in the classroom. As I use a laptop (Windows 11), the online students can hear it using the inbuilt microphone in the laptop and offline students are also able to hear my voice directly.

The problem occurs when I want to use a desktop (as a back up to my laptop). The online students are not able to hear what I say in the class but are able to see and hear the recorded videos which are screen shared. I connect a USB Mic to the desktop, then they can hear. But it restricts my mobility in the classroom and moreover, when a microphone is connected to the desktop, the classroom speaker gets disconnected. (As the desktop considers only 1 input and output)

Hope I have described my problem clearly. I want my desktop to function as a laptop itself. (In terms of audio and video sharing)...

Is there a solution for it, Kindly reply.

Thanks a lot. All help is appreciated.

Couriant

James
So it seems that you need to have a wireless mic to be connected to your desktop so that way you can move freely as well has have your voice heard for the online students.

amritaputran

So it seems that you need to have a wireless mic to be connected to your desktop so that way you can move freely as well has have your voice heard for the online students.
Thanks a lot. I think that is the best solution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online