Using Digital media player & monitor to make a digital pictu

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DLS0372

Help!!
I am hoping to use a monitor (not attached to a computer) to run a slide show of photos at an event. I purchased a MICCA Speck G2 media player BUT after I got it home I realized that my monitor does not have an A/V or HDMI port - which are the only cables that came with the media player. I then went & purcased a HDMI to DVI-D cable so I could connect the player to my monitor - HOWEVER - I still cannot get them to talk to each other! I’m not very technical but I am a problem solver and this has me stumped - HELP , PLEASE!!
TIA!

managed

Allan
I read you have to press the HDMI button on the remote to get an output on the HDMI connection, have you tried that ?

If the above didn't help tell us what connectors the Monitor has please.

DLS0372

I tried pressing the HDMI button on the remote but the monitor does nothing. When I plug the media player into my TV - it works fine. But then I plug it into the monitor and it’s like it doesn’t recognize it.

The monitor has an USB port / DVI-D / D-SUB

Thank you for trying to help me figure this out - I really need this for my booth on Wednesday!!

Attachments

managed

Allan
I looked up your Monitor online and it's native (ie default) resolution is 1280x1024 but the media player does not output that. I think you will need a TV or a wide screen monitor to get a proper display.

I assume you don't need sound.

DLS0372

Not sure what exactly that means but basically you are saying that my idea won’t work. Dang it. Do you think if I tried a newer monitor it might work? I have another one & wondering if it’s worth a try.

managed

Allan
I don't think it will work with the Monitor in your picture but it's definitely worth a try with the other Monitor.

dmccoy

Darrin
Should not be any reason this will not work. You will have to run a separate cable for the audio output. Are you sure you are selecting the correct input on the monitor?

DLS0372

I don’t have any audio - it’s just pictures. When I plug the media player into the TV - it does what it says it’s supposed to do - it goes straight to a home screen. But nothing happens when I plug the player into the monitor. I pressed the HDMI button on the remote & tried pressing each of the buttons on the front of the monitor - still nothing!!

managed

Allan
The hdmi to vga adapter in the link dckeks posted should work with the Monitor in your picture using the D-SUB (aka VGA) connector on it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online