1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

using electirc wires for network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by sdmf1919, Nov 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sdmf1919

sdmf1919 Thread Starter

ive heard this is possible if so how fast is it and what do i need to facilitate it i know it is very slow

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Personally, I'd forget power line networking. The environment is very noisy, and there are many sources if interference on the power lines.

3. Spiritwalker

Spiritwalker

there are a few Bridge products like that out there... I set one up and was able to get 11MBs, but if I pluged one of the units into a "powerstrip" it dropped to 4. most likely due to the power strip being a piece of 1.99 K-mart garbage.

4. sdmf1919

sdmf1919 Thread Starter

thanks i did some research and found out that most units are between 60-100 bucks and have around 14mbps thanks

5. logistix_111

logistix_111

Don't waste your money on the electrical networking stuff. The Cons outweigh the Pros.

6. tekgurl

tekgurl

powerline networking's success depend on the circuitry of the house or of the building. If there are several circuit breakers or power filters, it's not recommended

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/176627

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice