using friends wireless

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pleasant

How can i get my friend wirless network to my house the next block over? He got a linksy wireless router. I can go outside next to the fence and get it. What is hpsetup and adhoc.? Can i get net from them?

etaf

Wayne
i moved you to a post of your own, please do not ask questions on other peoples post
Now I'm going to close the post as its against ISP rules to share wireless with neighbours - please re-read the rules again
http://www.techguy.org/rules.html
WiFi "Piggybacking" / "Wardriving" - We do not support the act of using someone else's Internet without permission. Also, please note that almost every ISP prohibits sharing your Internet connection with another home, and we will not assist you in breaking their rules.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online