1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Using Ghost 2003 to clone XP Pro

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ITGL72, Oct 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ITGL72

ITGL72 Thread Starter

I have an IDE HD and a SATA HD. I want to clone the C: volume
    of the IDE HD to take over all of the new SATA HD and make that my C volume.

This is Win XP Pro.

When I select CLONE from windows at the Ghost interface and choose the
    source/destination parameters it reboots the PC into DOS mode and when I get
    to the GRAY GHOST dos screen nothing happens. It just sits there. I get an hour glass.

When starting the process it originally told me that my USB mouse driver and Firewire needed some attention. I ended up removing my usb mouse and sticking in a ps/2. Doing this helped me get from a frozen dos screen to a frozen dos screen with the hour glass.

When I say frozen dos screen I mean the gray nortons screen in dos.

Has anyone ever come across this?

2. DVOM

DVOM

If I remember correctly, Ghost 2003 needs an update to be able to handle SATA drives.

Check >this< page.

3. stod73

stod73

I've had difficulty ghosting to different hardware. I suggest you make the image on the pc with the SATA HD and then try pushing it out the other pcs.

4. ITGL72

ITGL72 Thread Starter

Checked out the support site and it said SATA and Intel 865 chpsets have issues with it and the update fixed it. Well I live updated it but it was the same. So I just formated and will reinstall.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171768

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice